Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Big Surprise!


I adore happy surprises! 


My friend Judy celebrated her 50th birthday and because 50 is so fabulous, as well as is Judy, it was time for a special surprise!  

Judy's favorite artist in this whole world is the amazing Karla Nathan.  My first idea was to treat her to Birdsong, Karla's event happening this June, but it wasn't in the cards for Judy to get away to Kansas, so I re-thought the plan and decided to bring a little touch of Birdsong to Florida!

  Judy's sweet daughter in law Erica jumped in on the idea with me and we flew Karla in for the SURPRISE OF  A LIFETIME!!

I was EVER so grateful that Karla took the time to make this wish come true...and ever so happy that I was able to share some one on one time with a special friend!

It was a weekend of BLISS!  We shopped and dined and created a most fabulous Karla created project,  little fairy birdcage cloches!

Saying goodbye was so very difficult...but I had a little warmth in my heart knowing I will see Karla in a few short months at her Birdsong event!  I just can't wait!  Visit Karla's oh-so-special blog at karlascottage.typepad.com

And a MILLION thanks to my sweet friend Cassandra Vancuren for these incredible photographs!  Visit Cassandra at 



























2 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't stop smiling about this! What a weekend of JOY for a special friend! I know Karla had so much fun, too. I can't wait to meet you at her place in June!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

It was such a great time! Thanks so much.