Monday, April 22, 2013

Milestone for a Mom....


Why is it I thought this day would never come? 

 That little shy and reserved girl who never left  my side is now the most gorgeous young woman I have ever laid eyes on...I am ever so proud....

Hayley and Jesse went to Senior Prom and I think my heart broke a little....  but then I stop myself and say, "This is what we as parents have strived for"... to say that we have raised incredible independent, and loving children is all we could wish for.

She and Jesse are both on their way to FSU this Summer...be still my heart and give me strength! 

 One great advantage is that my Cozy Cottage in central Florida is about halfway between here and Tallahassee.  I am hoping for girl's getaway weekends, (fingers crossed!)

It was on this night that I made a commitment to myself...instead of looking behind and wishing to turn back time, I want to CELEBRATE... this and every moment of my blessed and beautiful life.  







































3 comments:

Darlene said...

You both are very beautiful! Seems like we blink our eyes and our children are grown and gone. Take care, Darlene

Laurie said...

I'm with you, Karen -- it feels natural to feel sad/mourn the loss of kids at home, when in reality we need to be happy about it! My son is just about 16 so it's going to be a little bit for me, yet. Still very close!

Linda P. said...

Hayley and Jesse make a very nice looking couple! Hayley is a beauty! I love the photo of you and Joe with them. Yes, the passing of time brings both joy and pain as our families change. I'm so glad that visits to your Cozy Cottage will allow you to be closer to Hayley when she is away at college. I think getaway weekends with her is a great idea.